To calm the body is to calm the mind, and one of the ways to achieve this, is through Relaxing Massage.
A relaxation massage is exactly what the name implies: a massage strictly for the purpose of rest and relaxation.
Most massage treatments will relax you, among other things. With a relaxation massage, relaxing you is the only goal. Therefore, it is one of the most comprehensive and indulgent massages you can have.
The benefits of a relaxing massage
As with any type of massage, the benefits of a relaxation massage can last for several days after the treatment. Relaxation massage, like other forms of massage, can offer the following benefits:
- Greater awareness and intimacy with one’s own body
- Helps with self-esteem and self-image revaluation
- Decreases physical and mental fatigue
- Releases hormones that promote well-being
- Collaborates with the nervous system
- Eliminates toxins and metabolic waste
- Reduces blood pressure
- Improves peripheral circulation
- Improves skin tone and appearance
- Improvements in gastrointestinal motility (bowel movements will become more regular)
- Some reduction in muscle tension, including relief from muscle tension headaches
- Improvements in any stress-related symptoms
The movements used in Relaxing Massage, stimulate the production of relaxing hormones, such as oxytocin, which improves stress and feelings of fear, as well as serotonin, which normalises mood, heartbeat and sensitivity to pain.
I usually recommend relaxing massage mainly for people who are anxious or who feel very distressed. This is because it has a calming effect, making the whole body react positively to the techniques applied. Therefore, more than energetic, it is also invigorating, being a great investment for your own well-being.
Stop, close your eyes, think and invest in yourself. Enjoy a massage that will allow you to switch off your mind and body from your daily routine.