What is a sports massage and what is it used for?
Sports massage is an important way to treat muscle tension in athletes, and can be used regularly to help prevent exhaustion injuries.
Sports massage focuses on preventing and treating injuries while improving physical performance.
In addition to aiding recovery, sports massage assists you in boosting your performance and prepares your body for a new workout or competition.
In the case of specific injuries, sports massage can work on the areas reducing and improving the symptoms besides, thanks to the therapist’s sensitivity, being able to identify and work the points that have not yet become injuries, preventing them.
For this reason, each treatment can be uniquely suited to the specific needs of the sportsperson, in each eventuality, applying different techniques which produce specific results.
Even if you are not an athlete, but suddenly consider yourself an amateur athlete or simply someone who enjoys exercising, it is interesting to include sports massage in your routine, as it can improve your training, performance and even and aids muscle recovery.
Besides, sports massage can be a complement to food and supplementation that contributes a lot to your development and results!
When can a sports massage help?
Sports massage is an effective treatment used:
- To treat delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
- Part of a training programme
- Post Event
- To relieve tense muscles
- What are the benefits of a sports massage?
Sports massage has many benefits, which include:
- Prevents injuries
- Reduces muscle spasms, oedemas and inflammatory processes
- Prepares the musculature for exercise
- Eliminates toxins from the musculature
- Prevents injuries of the musculature and tendons
- Tones up muscle tissue
- Stimulates the production of adrenaline
- Improves sleep quality and reduces anxiety
- Relieves post-workout pain
- Improves fatigue and muscle recovery
- Improves blood circulation and the transport of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles
- Has a relaxing or stimulating effect on the central nervous system
- Decreases anxiety and improves sleep quality
Sports Massage is customized for each athlete and the stimuli depend on the phase of training / competition and each sport, so each client is unique. I seek to understand the need and create the best experience for each case!